too busy to mass email this week, she sent this to the family:
HOLY COW I HIT 1 YEAR ON THURSDAY. HOW CRAZY AND INCREDIBLE IS THAT?
Have you felt like it’s been a year? I swear it hasn’t been that long, it doesn’t even feel like it’s March and yet every time I sit down to write in my journal that’s what I put. I can’t believe it’s been a year since I first put my nametag on, since the last time I hugged you all. This past year has been some of the best times of my life. I’ve grown and learned so much it’s crazy. I can’t believe it. These next 6 months are just going to fllllyyy by and I’m kind of scared about that. I have so much more to learn and to do!!
This week was fast and I don’t remember a lot of what happened and I’m trying to finish my BYU essays today so it’ll be kind of a short email. Here are some highlights:
1. IT RAINED. IT ACTUALLY RAINED. It was the best day ever! I love when it rains here, it takes all the smog with it!
2. We had exchanges with the La Palma sisters and it was a lot of fun, I was with Sister Weaver and she is a hoot! She’s from Chicago and is a convert-So it’s a lot of fun learning from her experiences.
3. We facetimed with Sean because he wasn’t feeling good so we just said hi real quick, he’s preparing to get his patriarchal blessing! AH! So excited for him.
4. We went to Young Women activity on Wednesday and videoed ourselves singing a primary hymn and sent it to an investigator, it’s A Child’s Prayer and they responded with , “Wow, that should be on the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack” That made us laugh.
5. We had an epic lesson with our investigator Fernando. Now, Fernando is BIG. He is SO TALL. He is intimidating to say the least. The last time we were over he really just didn’t want to read the Book of Mormon and so we said we would read it with him. This time we started reading the 3 Nephi 11 with him and he had so many questions but he was just kind of arguing and in my mind I just kept thinking, “Why are we trying with him, he will never change. He’s not ready right now!” And then I got the unmistakable impression, “You need to FIGHT for him.” It took me back for a while but after the lesson I found that Sister Henderson received the same impression, and she wasn’t sure why. But we fought tooth and nail in that lesson and in the end he decided that he would try reading and asking God. I felt like I had been in a fight after that lesson! We were both exhausted. God wants us to fight for this man, and so we will!
Other than that, I love my companion. Sister Henderson is a doll. She is SO funny and we’ve spent the days laughing and sharing stories and giving advice on life. Ah!! The zone is fun, I love Whittier. It’s sketchy, but it’s a cool place. We’re going on a hike today and so that should be fun. We’re trying to convince the elders to do an easter egg hunt sometime. We’ll see what happens. I play basketball every Monday with the elders and I’ve been getting really good 🙂 I am SO EXCITED for conference, it’s like a holiday for missionaries.
LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL
Sister Lydia Foster
ps HAPPY BIRTHDAY NORA! I hope she had a great day, did she get my letter? I hope it makes it there quickly, but you never know 🙂 Let her know how much I love her!